Acute and Transitional Care Information Coordinator
The Acute and Transitional Care Information Coordinator is responsible for collecting & analyzing data then organizing that data to develop and maintain reports, audits, dashboards and scorecards that helps Clinical COE leadership make better business decisions. The incumbent in this role, working closely with CSE, provides clinical data support to build, automate and disseminate reports and dashboards. He/She helps manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity and opportunities. The Acute and Transitional Care Data Coordinator provides accurate and timely information so Clinical teams can facilitate improvements to help decrease hospitalizations, readmissions, costs and productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects data specific to Transitional Care Team performance and outcomes, Community Case Management audits, productivity reports, Social Determinants of Health and others as identified from HITS, QlikView and other sources.
- Analyzes data to provide information identifying patterns and trends and gives insight to enhance clinical decision-making capability in process improvement, solution assessment, etc.
- Collaborates with CSE/BI/IT and across functions to ensure the highest level of data quality and reporting, as well as understanding by the clinical team.
- Organizes and translates clinical data into simple reports, audits, dashboards and scorecards.
- Creates and distributes reports, including Humana/Payor, that are accurate and timely.
- Audits ACM/CCM and SW documentation. Assesses SW impact on SDoH.
- Serves as a resource for HITS and other computer software/programs.
- Creates user-friendly presentations to show and present data.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent medical terminology
- High level of proficiency in use of software and other data sources
- High level of accuracy and timeliness of work products
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- AA/AS degree in Information Technology or a closely related discipline OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year for year basis
- LPN/MA with strong computer and analytical skills may be considered
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in data collection, analysis and reporting required
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred