The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for Director(s) in various COEs. The incumbent is also responsible for typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as record keeping, scheduling meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. The incumbent answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. The employee deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Sets all appointments for each Director to be able to conduct his/her business in a timely and professional manner.
- Answers phones and takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Books and record special event/s that a Director might be hosting on behalf of the Company.
- Records on the calendar any event that the Director may be hosting and or attending.
- Responsible for meal ordering may be required for breakfast/lunch meetings.
- Keeps track of all travel expenses for assigned group of Company Directors and tracks of each Director’s “P Card” (Company issued Credit Card for business expenses) for each of the assigned Company Directors.
- Uses automated system, reconcile monthly, expense receipts to credit card bills for each company related expense for each of the assigned Company Directors. This must be done on a timely basis according to company policy.
- Prepares and submit expense report for reimbursement of corporate expenses paid for personally by supported directors.
- Books all business travel arrangements: booking flights, car rental and hotel accommodations; often this involves multiple destinations that must all be properly coordinated.
- Uses “Egencia” travel software to book and coordinate all the travel plans. This software is cloud based and is connected to our Company’s system which facilitates verification for the traveler, the administrative assistant who entered the information and for the finance department for bill payment.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Administrative Assistant methods, Techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the COE to which assigned including its policies, procedures, regulations, organization and work flow.
- Knowledge of protocol and proper order of etiquette in conducting duties with responsible Company and other officials.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of the Director(s) or comparable executive official and the relationship with other (COE) executives, managers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of various COEs. Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing skills are essential. Skills in reports presentation.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently. Adaptable to frequent change.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Two (2) plus years’ experience as an event coordinator/travel planner highly desired.
- Basic accounting principles sufficient to be able to coordinate multiple expense reports and credit card/receipt reconciliation using company software a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, primarily Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Go to Meeting set up knowledge.