Assistant to the CEO
The Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide comprehensive administrative support encompassing schedule management and travel arrangements with a high-level of professional presence and demeanor. Utilizing discretion and independent judgment, the incumbent in this role is responsible for maintaining discretion while handling highly confidential matters. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers. General supervision is received from the CEO who reviews work for satisfactory performance of duties and for attainment of desired goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the CEO to facilitate decision making. Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Acts as the point of contact or gatekeeper between CEO and other top management and stakeholders, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Leader’s time and office.
- Ensures all meetings, appointments, events and conferences are up-to-date. Exercises flexibility in scheduling and rescheduling based on last minute changes and shifting priorities. Documents and communicates schedule changes as they occur.
- Approves and reconciles credit card transactions for the CEO and ensures all company deadlines are met.
- Manages all contacts. With a thorough understanding of who’s who, proactively keeps track of all communication needs for these contacts and prioritizes correspondences based on subject matter, time sensitivity and level of leadership.
- Makes all travel arrangements for CEO. Some of these duties include:
- Planning, scheduling and booking travel requests
- Arranging air, ground transportation and hotel
- Creating and maintaining travel itineraries
- Administering changes and cancellations in a timely, cost-effective fashion using independent judgment
- In partnership with other Executive Assistants, Manager, Strategic Projects or Project Manager, Culture, coordinates special events hosted by the Company throughout the year. Some of these activities include:
- Negotiating and securing venue, visiting various venue options and making final selection while considering functionality for the needs of the Company
- Initiating, coordinating and/or participating in all efforts to publicize and bring awareness of the event
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Executive Assistant methods, techniques and procedures at the senior executive officer level
- Knowledge of executive protocol and proper order of etiquette in conducting duties with all levels of company personnel
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; may be required to be accessible during non-business hours
- Excellent verbal and superior writing skills are essential, including skills in preparing presentations
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Adaptable to, and flexible with, frequent changes
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Healthcare knowledge a plus
- Strong computer skills using CRM and expert Microsoft Office Product skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and/or nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ direct experience supporting a high-level executive position in a busy, innovative and growing environment