Assistant Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the performance of 6 to 10 assigned members of the sales team to achieve their quota of new member acquisitions.
- Trains the team on presentation, center touring, prospecting, and closing of prospective members.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert in terms of:
- Sales applications such as Salesforce, DASH, and Availity. Eligibility criteria in terms of Medicare, Medicaid, Low Income Subsidies, and Special Enrollment Periods.
- Organizes MDM activities and assists with event planning and coordination.
- Holds MDMs accountable for the achievement of key performance indicators, performance metrics, and individual production targets.
- Recruits, hires, and manages MDMs performance to ensure the sales team is at full force.
- Hands on involvement in MDM training and development to ensure an accurate understanding of the company’s patient services, value proposition, patient qualification and compliance requirements.
- Works with the MSM to accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly membership growth.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Works closely with MDMs and community partners to plan and execute events, activities, and engagements that result in membership growth.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Low Income Subsidies, and Special Election Periods.
- Proven sales experience and experience managing or coaching salespeople.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for coaching sales people.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate a staff.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Expertise in insurance representative relations.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle as there is 70% travel within the local market. Minimal overnight travel.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of sales and sales force management experience
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and managing an outside sales team.
- Experience managing local marketing events.
- Proven experience as an individual sales contributor and in a mentorship role developing peers.