Assistant Sales Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance manages all members of the sales team in skills such as presentation, center touring, prospecting, and closing of prospective members to achieve acceptable levels of performance.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert in terms of sales applications such as Salesforce, DASH, and Availity.
- Organizes MDM activities and assists with event planning and coordination.
- Holds MDMs accountable for the achievement of key performance indicators, performance metrics, and individual production targets.
- Recruits, hires, and manages MDMs performance to ensure the sales team is at full force.
- Hands on involvement in MDM training and development to ensure an accurate understanding of the company’s patient services, value proposition, patient qualification and compliance requirements.
- Works with the MSM to accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly membership growth.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Works closely with MDMs and community partners to plan and execute events, activities, and engagements that result in membership growth.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate a staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Great planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Expertise in insurance representative relations.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle.
This position requires 70% local travel in the assigned territory & Minimal overnight travel.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of sales and sales force management experience
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and managing an outside sales team.
- Experience managing local marketing events.
Proven experience as an individual sales contributor and in a mentorship role developing peers.