Associate General Manager- Region (East)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the design, development and implementation of the ongoing strategy for operational excellence and growth within the region. Ensures all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated goals are being met/exceeded with regards to the overall patient experience. Partners with market leaders to execute their business plan and meet their growth and financial objectives by ensuring action plans are generated and followed.
- Partners with the Regional Chief Medical Officer and Regional President to provide management support in the oversight and execution of high-quality, cost-effective and VIP service for clinical outcomes that align with the ChenMed Way.
- Manages execution of key operational outcomes to ensure customer, provider and regulatory expectations are met/exceeded. Coordinates and interfaces with various COEs to ensure the appropriate resources are available to the region.
- Oversees communications verbalizing of a clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard measurements, as well as of total quality measures and initiatives.
- Reviews financial reports to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
- Develops, implements and manages the adoption of controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues and address them in a timely manner.
- Establishes and manages service strategies in coordination with organizational goals and competencies. Aids in establishes operating budgets for the region’s sales and service operations.
- Establishes annual sales and profit forecasts in accordance with the growth plan for the region and consistent with corporate objectives.
- Provides sales management leadership and guidance. Aids in shaping sales and network operations to implement strategy set forth by Executive leadership.
- Functions as a support leader for all of departments within markets including Clinical, Network and Sales, as directed by the Regional President.
- Assists in determining staffing needs and with recruitment activities as needed. Ensures the attraction, selection, retention and assignment of a competent, qualified workforce is a driving factor for operational optimization.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops operation teams in the markets/region. Grows the team to match the needs of the business.
- Aids in customer resolution responses and coaches management on appropriate responses. Handles escalated issues and determines proper issue resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen and relationship management/building skills
- Advanced knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique and operations
- Superior knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge and implementation of regulatory requirements and laws that govern clinic activities
- Exceptional track record of driving revenue growth and controlling expenses
- Ability to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions
- Skilled in negotiating; able to effectively influence executives, leaders and all levels within the organization in matters of transformational change and operational optimization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
- Keen understanding of business controls and operations
- Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity; driven and focused work ethic
- Passionate about serving others with VIP experiences; ability to naturally engage and connect with others
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 50% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor degree in Business, Healthcare or Public Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
MBA or Master’s degree in Healthcare or Public Administration or a related discipline preferred
A minimum of 10 years’ healthcare administration, budget management, finance or closely related industry work experience required
A minimum of 5 years direct management/leadership experience within a customer/client service environment required
Experience managing a diverse group of functional area professionals strongly preferred
Experience managing and overseeing a multi-million dollar P&L account highly desired