Backend Java Developer
The Backend Java Developer position works on the Chen Tech team and is responsible for application development and coding, unit testing, system support and documentation. The Software engineer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This position works closely with other developers and technical professionals, utilizing them as mentors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, integrates, tests, debugs, and provides application support for software solutions
- Partners within team to develop, implement and maintain standards, methods and procedures in accordance with industry recognized best practices for software development
- Partners with peers to ensure consistent best SDLC practices are followed when developing and provides feedback/suggestions for improvements to the process
- Leads by example to foster a cohesive and highly-collaborative team committed to supporting each other in delivering high quality, scalable and compliant solutions that meet our client’s needs
- Demonstrates a commitment to ownership and follow-through to take ideas and solutions to implementation
- Stays current on software development and Agile trends and best practices
- Is able to effectively complete unit testing, maintain expected code coverage and perform code reviews.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert full-stack developer using Java and open source tools (Experience with Spring MVC Framework)
- Expert developing Micro services using REST
- Expert across the full SDLC in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience developing and delivering single page applications Web applications
- Extensive experience with continuous integration & deployment
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience developing and delivering software in an Agile / Scrum environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, math, or related areas of study
- Experience writing stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers in SQL Server environment.
- Database modeling and design experience in relational database.
- Previous knowledge of Healthcare applications a plus.