Benefits Specialist - Part Time
The Total Rewards Specialist handles the day to day benefit administration and provides operational and analytical support to the Total Reward Team. This position provides high-level customer service; including benefits problem-solving support to Employees and Managers on all benefits plans, including health, dental, vision, disability, life and retirement. This position ensures transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner. The position also audits data and works on special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical, dental and vision, HAS, FSA, Short and long-term disability, 401K, life insurance etc.
- Ensures accuracy of employee benefits data, including service from third party vendors.
- Maintains and analyze claims reports to determine trends, inconsistencies and outliers. Brings related issues to the attention of the Total Rewards Manager.
- Assists employees in filing health, dental, life, and all other related and deferred benefit claims.
- Reviews monthly insurance statements and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Reviews and validates monthly benefits invoices. Works with employees, vendors and Finance to reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintains an insurance billing and enrollment roster.
- Creates and review spreadsheets of insured employees.
- Researches new benefit programs.
- Develops and prepare communications to employees about benefit programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
- Assists Total Rewards Manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any Health, Life and Retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Works with vendors to resolve high level benefits issues and concerns, including ensuring issues are resolved to conclusion, identifying and monitoring next steps/open items, etc
- Prepares and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs as needed.
- Coordinates and lead benefit enrollment meetings annually.
- Assists with benefit audits as needed.
- Ensures that all 401(k) contribution/loans changes and feeds are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with Compensation evaluation, market pricing and developing and maintaining standardized job descriptions.
- Administers Cobra services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask, work on a team as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to bring processes through to completion.
- Competency in database management and spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
- Ability to multitask multiple projects.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
Knowledge of company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- This position requires a minimum of 10% of travel nationwide.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three to five years of benefits /HR administration or compensation exposure in a Corporate HR function.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience in UltiPro, Workday or any other applicable HR database programs helpful.