Broker Development Consultant
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurtures, builds and cultivates broker/agent partnerships within assigned territory to generate new patient opportunities year-round.
- Meets with individual brokers/agents to share the ChenMed value proposition.
- Plans, coordinates and executes broker events within the community (e.g., information tables, doc talks, etc.) to educate them and help them reach our ideal patients (i.e., medically underserved, Medicare-eligible seniors, age 55 and older).
- Plans, organizes and executes Broker Advisory Council meetings on a minimum quarterly basis.
- Cultivates strong relationships with health plans, health plan agents, independent insurance agents, distribution managers responsible for broker channel business within the payer partners with whom we do business and ensure Chen/JenCare/Dedicated Medical Centers is their top provider choice for senior healthcare when referring patients to a primary care physician.
- Partners with insurance industry associations like National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and local chapters to develop opportunities to educate and expand our reach.
- Schedules one-on-one planning meetings with Membership Growth Consultants to share data, seek opportunities to improve inbound/outbound sales ratios and ensure strategies are driving greater inbound sales.
- Ensures insurance agents and/or brokers are invited to our centers and community events to ensure timely patient assignment to Chen/JenCare/Dedicated Medical Centers.
- Leverages marketing and sales tools to identify solutions to serve the broker/agent community. Utilize Salesforce to document interaction with brokers/agents and ensure effective management of leads.
- Provides monthly activity calendar reflecting broker meetings, events and internal sales partner meetings. Creates penetration plans and initiatives in defined territory.
- Delivers prescribed presentation in front of large audiences.
- Partners with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of engagements with distributors, vendors and community partners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Follows through on commitments
- Is seen as direct and trustful
- Keeps confidences
- Practices what he/she preaches
- Shows consistency between words and actions
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Has a strong bottom-line orientation
- Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
- Pushes others
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Readily acts on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Identifies and seizes on new opportunities
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times
- Steps up to handle tough issues
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Attentively listens to others
- Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Is confident under pressure
- Handles and manages crises effectively
- Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Bounces back from setbacks
- Grows from hardships and negative experiences
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Builds strong formal and informal networks.
- Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations
- Draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how
Building strong customer centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Gains insight into customer needs
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Positions views and arguments appropriately to win support
- Convinces others to act
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations
- Wins concessions without damaging relationships
- Responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Developed business acumen and acuity
- Relevant selling experience with establishing and maintaining relationship with business/vendor partners
- High level organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of and experience in working with insurance brokers or agents
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and expertise in, negotiation, probing skills, closing skills, and handling objections
- Detail-oriented and proficient in CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., pitch letters, outbound calls, effective one-on-one meetings, group presentations, etc.)
- Positive attitude and the ability to build trust with internal and external partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 75% of the time; work is primarily conducted off ChenMed premises
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Bilingual is a plus
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma required
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of successful sales experience required; working with seniors a plus as is a general understanding of Medicare Advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ business-to-business experience or equivalent management experience preferred
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment
- Experience in insurance sales, specifically Medicare Advantage is a plus