Business Intelligence Developer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a deep familiarity with a variety of data sources including transactional databases, data warehouses, internal tools and external integrations.
- Specifies, analyzes, designs, implements and tests BI solutions to meet business needs.
- Develops reports, dashboards and tools using SQL, SSRS and QlikView, as well as other tools.
- Takes ownership of data and constantly improves its quality and integrity; proactively identifying issues at every step and coordinates the implementation of required fixes.
- Partners with business unit stakeholders to understand their requirements and assist in the development of dashboards, visualizations and solutions tailored to their needs.
- Documents existing processes, architectures and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Very good project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to pay close attention to details
- Proven ability to create and deliver communications (written and verbal) and presentations to audiences at all levels in the organization
- Skilled at developing Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Proven ability to develop predictive data models using statistical and mathematical methods
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge or exposure to healthcare industry and EMR systems desired, but not required
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or a closely related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required.
Master’s level-education with a combination of technical and business background a plus.
Experience in query tuning and database engine optimization.
Experience in database programming, stored procedures, data imports and exports.
Some Experience programming with a high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, C#, etc.).
Exposure to or experience with ETL processes. SSIS experience a huge plus.