Cardiologist - Non Invasive
The Cardiologist will diagnose and treat various cardiovascular ailments or diseases, such as heart attacks and coronary heart disease. Cardiologists may focus in one or more cardiology specializations, such as echocardiography, electrophysiology, nuclear cardiology and interventional cardiology. The tasks of cardiologists also vary. For instance, non-invasive cardiologists specialize in diagnosing cardiovascular problems, while invasive non-interventional cardiologists diagnose and perform catheterizations. Those who diagnose and perform medical procedures to cure cardiovascular diseases are called interventional cardiologists.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the best possible care to the patients.
- Dedicated and willing to continue education to stay current with new technologies and medicines in order to provide patients with the best options for them individually.
- Examines the patient and running tests needed to determine the exact cause of the problems the patient is experiencing.
- Responsible for running and knowing how to read accurately include the ECG or EKG, chest X-rays, and ultrasound. They will also need to know which blood test to order to check for certain types of heart diseases.
- Part of the cardiologist responsibilities revolve around finding the best treatment for the patient. Everyone is different and must be treated as individuals even when they suffer from the same medical condition.
- Prescribes medication that can help the patient improve. On the other hand, they may need to tell the patient that surgery is the best approach to help them improve.
- Responsible for explaining to the patient why the recommendation is needed and how it can help. They will also need to discuss the steps to creating and maintaining a healthy heart with patients. Education is a key factor in helping the patient help themselves.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Part of the cardiologist responsibilities revolve around doing invasive testing such as cauterization, coronary angiography or coronary arteriography that requires precision and a skilled hand.
- Responsible for knowing how to perform these tests without making a mistake that can harm the patient.
- Cardiologist responsibilities continue after all tests have been conducted and any surgeries completed with follow up examinations. The need of the patient can change over time and the cardiologist will need to determine their needs on a regular basis and make changes when necessary. This is the best way to help promote a healthier lifestyle for the patients in their care.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must master the concepts and all principles associated with the human heart and illnesses that can affect it.
- Extensive knowledge of modern equipment and medications used to treat heart diseases.
- To be able to perform and interpret specialized tests and procedures.
- To have a high level of responsibility and the confidence to make decisions in emergencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The confidence and sound knowledge to correctly diagnose and consult with patients.
- Compassion, self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure for long hours.
- To be willing to undertake ongoing research.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Doctoral degree in medicine; completion of a residency program in internal medicine and cardiology
- State licensure and cardiologist certification.
- At least two (2) to four (4) years of Cardiology experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Cardiology field.