Care Promoter LPN
The Care Promoter 3 is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) dedicated to the health and well-being of or patients. The duties of the Care Promoter 3 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. The Care Promoter 3 is an integral member of a Physician-led Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients. The Care Promoter 3 will guide patient through complex and routine medical and social challenges in a manner that fosters trust and respect between the patient and the care team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discusses and records patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in the medical record.
- Prepares patients for examination and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures, medications, diet and physicians' instructions to patient; provides disease specific patient education.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications ordered by the physician, fill pill boxes as ordered by the physician, changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures, performs IV Therapy in accordance with State Practice act; uses CPR skills when necessary
- Screens calls and walk ins; collects pertinent clinical information and relays it to the physician, implements orders as appropriate and documents observations and interventions in the medical record.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; Complete internal certification to use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- This position requires 5-10% of travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduation from a nationally accredited school for practical or vocational nursing required.
- One (1) year of related clinical work experience required; three (3) years clinical experience is preferred. Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus. EMR system experience is preferred.
- Current, active LPN license to practice in state of hire required. IV Therapy Certification if required by State Board of Nursing. CPR certification for Healthcare Providers required.