ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as hiring manager for Care Promoters.
Orients new Care Promoters to their duties including philosophy of care, patient flow and clinical competencies.
Provides extraordinary customer service and professionalism to all internal and external customers (including patients and other team members).
Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
Ensures clinical and quality standards of ChenMed are consistently met.
Collaborates with team members to ensure quality and consistency of daily and super huddles.
Addresses/resolves any customer-service issues and elevates them to Center Manager and/or Market Clinical Manager as necessary.
Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information.
Collaborates with PCPs to manage performance of assigned Care Promoters including annual review, goal setting, corrective action, PIP and termination.
Monitors team performance from a clinical perspective, identifies issues, works through resolutions and provides both informal and formal feedback.
Provides ongoing education and training in collaboration with the Market Clinical Manager to enable team members to meet patient care and organizational priorities.
Ensures completion of patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning care team members and following up on work results.
Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; ensuring completion of preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Monitors the number of patients and wait time to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
Triages patient phone messages making sure patient calls are thoroughly vetted and routed to the correct team member and returned in an appropriate time frame.
Maintains medical supplies inventory by studying usage reports, identifying trends, anticipating needed supplies and approving requisitions and cost allocations.
Completes all required training to dispense medications from medication room. .
Other responsibilities may include:
Assists in screening of walk-ins as needed and directs team in overall screening process.
Ensures accuracy of medications provided to patients.
Ensures accurate indexing of all paperwork.
Inspects pharmacy log and inventory.
Monitors physicians’ activities and assist with their needs.
Maintains clinical and quality control logs, including diagnostic tracking.
Coordinates the distribution of lab specimens.
Ensures all related reports, labs and information are available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Compassion and empathy for our patients and family members.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals.
- Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skilled in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Skilled in taking patients’ vital signs and obtaining blood and other samples for laboratory work.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and effectively lead a team of Care Promoters.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to be calm and flexible in busy or stressful situations.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 5% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of 3 years’ related clinical work experience.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with a valid, active license to practice nursing in current state of employment OR
Certified Medical Assistants with significant (>5yrs) clinical and leadership experience may be considered in lieu of LPN
IV Therapy certification required by state board of nursing in Florida and Pennsylvania markets.
CPR for healthcare providers required.
Experience working with geriatric patients preferred.
EMR system experience a plus.
Prior supervisory experience highly desired.