This is a customer-service and leadership-focused position working directly with patients and their families, insurance representatives, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides extraordinary customer service to all internal and external customers (including patients and other Chen Medical team members) at all times.
- Monitors office communication and performance to ensure that front desk, referrals and medical assistant teams operate in an efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner.
- Works with Team Leaders to conduct performance evaluations of all team members and complete any required disciplinary actions.
- Monitors the number of patients and wait time to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
- Addresses/resolves any customer-service or team member issues.
- Ensures accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests, and patient records.
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing department in developing strategies to increase and retain membership.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducts tours for prospective patients and ensure New Patient paperwork is completed and in chart.
- Works with doctors in meeting set up, writing letters to/for patients.
- Reviews reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed.
- Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
- Conducts walk through of the Center to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal, etc.
- Conducts training and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensure annual OSHA training occur and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
- Monitors transportation and housekeeping activities.
- Monitors/alters team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations.
- Works closely with the Management Team and Administrators in relation to strategic business planning.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skills in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Skills in oral communication (English required).
- Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and work effectively with other team members.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline OR a combination of education and at least ten (10) years of related work experience including some in a supervisory capacity in a healthcare environment required.
- Knowledge of ChenMed Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.