The Market Development Coordinator will play a significant role in the development of New Market buildouts, existing Market buildouts and expansions of existing centers. This is a role that will work with core team members to complete various real estate projects for the ChenMed, JenCare and Dedicated Markets. Utilizing local resources, the incumbent will play an integral role in the buildout of centers. The Market Development Coordinator will assist in the bidding process to achieve the most cost-effective buildouts. This role will support the Market Development Manager in the development of markets. This includes coordination of tasks, tracking of projects and determining opportunities for improvement. The individual in this role will also perform special ad hoc projects in order to improve the efficiency of real estate at ChenMed, et. al. Under the general supervision of the Market Development Manager, the Market Development Coordinator is responsible for working with the work streams to ensure completion of time critical projects. The incumbent in this role will help to monitor the budgets and costs associated, while maintaining focus on compliance requirements. As a Market Development Coordinator, you will assist with conducting meetings with different directors to present progress and potential issues. Following the completion of projects, you will help the team in determining the lessons learned and strategy for improvement moving forward.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures processes are in place to measure overall effectiveness of resources and ensures continuous maximization. Documents the meeting minutes to track progress. Continuously updates the Project Plan to ensure accuracy on projects.
- Ensures tools and templates are built to allow for efficient execution of Real Estate Development. Evaluates departmental activities to ensure progress and works with teams to address gaps. Assists with ChenMed growth opportunities from a real estate perspective. Develops real estate RACI’s and Process flows to provide more structure.
- Contributes to the development of new Market expansions, existing Market build outs, expansions of existing Centers, and patient experience renovations. Assists with project kick-offs for any new Market buildouts to engage and properly communicate with the involved work streams.
- Utilizes a Management Toolkit to organize and document. Tracks bids and team resources to create reference points. Initiates meetings with various work streams to ensure progress, while emphasizing the completion of action items by core team members.
- Ensures efficient communication between different departments to prevent contradicting results, or overlapping work. Recommends strategies or options to reduce any avoidable complications.
- Coordinates and communicates of scope and schedule with the Center Managers and Market Leadership. Works with Architects and Contractors. Works with various vendors and Operations to determine finishes and specs for buildouts.
New Market Sustainability:
- Tracks project progress to communicate to Health Plans.
- Strategically works with Business Development and Health Plans on our internal requirements and preferences pertaining to patient acquisitions with providers. Tracks member growth, and if applicable, provider terminations.
- Works with sales and marketing on strategies to improve organic growth and coordinates community events. Strategically plans with sales/marketing on Grand Opening Events following the opening of Centers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with strong attention to detail.
- Proven organizational skills to meet deadlines in an environment of often-changing priorities.
- Familiarity with development or construction.
- Conceptual thinker with strong management skills.
- Excels in strategy and is cognizant of impacts downstream.
- Established leadership skills for conducting meetings and following up on action items.
- Adaptable and flexible in difficult situations.
- Skilled at analyzing problems, identifying solutions and implementing recommendations.
- Creative yet practical problem solver.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Highly driven and self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel on short notice to visit new markets. Will travel up to 10% of the time.
- Healthcare knowledge, specifically Medicare is a plus.
- Commanding knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, MS Word, Smart Sheets, Six Sigma or SharePoint.
- Position requires use of independent judgment.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Management or a related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years practical experience in a project management or similar role; or any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.