Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations
The Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for ensuring the highest sustainable level of customer satisfaction with Corporate IT’s internal and external stakeholders. This role is accountable for the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis. Key responsibilities include: Active business engagement, Escalation Management, Customer Management, Duty Management and Change Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ownership of service request, change, problem and incident ITIL processes including workflow creation and modification of the ITSM platform. Develops staffing plan, policies and procedures to support incident management for all service affecting events.
- Creates a capacity management process and implements performance measurements and reporting mechanisms that identify baselines and detects trends that anticipate required capacity changes before performance is negatively impacted. Creates and maintains an exception management strategy through automation, leveraging automated alerts, tickets, and resolutions when possible.
- Leads the development of the Infrastructure & Operations aspects of the IT strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans. Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs, ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and responds with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develops and controls the IT Infrastructure & Operations annual operating and capital expenditure budget and manages expenses to stay within plan. Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment. Maintains currency on new technologies and service management practices, and provides direction on what emerging IT Infrastructure & Operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within IT. Provides oversight for vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works toward a balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient. Provides leadership, coaching, and direction to the IT Operations and Support management teams and staff. Continuously develops and communicates ways to improve the existing support process of production applications (Process Improvements).
- Develops escalation procedures for event monitoring and the application and infrastructure and document SLAs to support application tiers based on business and operational requirements. Continual development of operational requirements documentation as the production environment is modified.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with business leadership, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT Operations activities.
- End-to-end responsibility for establishing a “Release Management” strategy which aligns IT Infrastructure, Business and Development Changes released from development to the enterprise production, training and disaster recovery environments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support.
- Attainment of relevant certifications and professional networking via involvement in industry groups.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT Operations and Support staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills. Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role within IT.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management. Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT Service Management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility.
- Ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied. Position requires use of independent judgment and approximately 5-15% travel time.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's or Technical degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred. Ten (10) years of industry-related work experience with at least 3 of those years in a progressive leadership position required.
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams and influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics. MCSE and/or CCNA certification preferred.