Director, Practice Acquisition
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Practice Acquisition will support driving practice acquisition and related initiatives for the organization. S/he will be responsible for partnering with, influencing and enabling executive leadership and local market leadership to facilitate the opportunistic and strategic acquisition of physician practices to support organizational growth goals. Primary responsibilities include creation/updating of target acquisition list across markets, pitch/influence/partner with executive and regional/market dyad leadership on potential targets, communicate/cultivate relationships with potential targets while reinforcing role/relationship of market dyad leadership, drive all financial aspects of acquisition activities by providing modeling, valuation, financial analysis, deal structuring, industry benchmarking, tracking of deal outcomes and other analytic techniques as needed through deal closure.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and regularly updates target acquisition list across markets in accordance with ChenMed’s vision and mission, utilizing familiarity with business model, organizational strategy, and corporate operations.
- Partners with CFO, COO, CMO and Regional/Market Dyad Leadership on potential acquisition targets including key decision criteria, expected returns and risks.
- Implements the business strategy related to physician practice management for ChenMed. Assists corporate leadership in the development and growth of practice acquisition strategy.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with acquisition targets and internal stakeholders/partners throughout the diligence and acquisition process.
- Manages/coordinates all aspects of the acquisition engagement process (including due diligence), partnering as appropriate with the local market dyad and central SME’s. Coordinates project teams and timelines to complete transactions.
- Performs analysis of practice acquisition opportunities and makes recommendations to corporate leadership on key strategic and tactical decisions including valuation, price, handle/generate complex analyses, solicit key information, challenge assumptions, generate financial models/business cases, assemble deal structures, coordinate due diligence and assemble/ prepare information for senior management and Board approval.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, leadership teams and internal departments to carry out acquisition-related projects and works collaboratively to drive successful completion of practice acquisition initiatives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to align and integrate corporate resources and corporate strategic business plans across the organization, including the projection of capital, operating, information technology and human resources needs.
- Provides/partners to ensure project management for implementation of practice acquisition initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as needed and assigned.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Broad functional experience in the fundamentals of financial analysis, strategic planning, market research and value proposition creation
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively and drive results in a matrixed management operating environment
- Excellent strategy, planning and execution skills with proven ability to deliver results
- Effective written and verbal communicator with a demonstrated ability to present to audiences with a straight-forward style of communication
- Commercial and business acumen; ability to recognize, and capitalize on, growth opportunities
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies
- Able to travel locally, regionally and nationally up to 50%
- Spoken and written fluency in English. In addition, fluency in Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint This position requires use of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in a financial discipline with five (5)+ years of related work experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a financial discipline with ten (10)+ years of consulting or related work experience required; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
- Progressive career growth and experience in business and/or strategy development leadership roles required
- Experience in healthcare preferred