Director, Shared Services Analytics
The Director, Analytics - Shares Services is primarily responsibility of leading data analytics and data warehousing strategies; overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the business’s vision and objectives. The incumbent in this role oversees the development of analytics solutions by presenting strategic, data-driven insight through applied KPI measurements and reporting to internal partner COEs that deliver improved ROI and stakeholder satisfaction. He/she has a broad skill set including: business intelligence systems understanding, effective analysis and presentation skills, business acumen and the ability to act as an internal consultant and value-added partner. The Director, Analytics - Shared Services aligns and directs the management, development, and integration of data analytics and business intelligence necessary for supporting the mission, vision strategies, objectives, and goals of business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, manages and develops comprehensive KPI sets and tools for partner COEs inclusive of Process Cycle, Operations and Individual performance in collaboration with COE leadership.
- Collaborates with the internal COE leaders and executives in an effort to guarantee the delivery of high-quality execution of the diverse array of project deliverables.
- Participates in the formulation of data-driven departmental/business decisions (how, where, when, which channels, and so forth) and demonstrates delivery against the business’s overall objectives.
- Builds, manages, maintains and improves the existing business intelligence and analytics tools across the department and across the business.
- Designs, develops and implements scheduled and ad hoc KPI performance reporting, integrating various data sets into intuitive dashboard views for internal COE use and publication to stakeholders.
- Identifies actionable insights in collaboration with COE leadership. Assesses root causes, develops actions & tracks resolution.
- Establishes format, cadence and aid with preparation of Executive performance reviews with COE partner clients.
- Manages relationships with Partner COEs to ensure stakeholder buy-in and overall project success.
- Manages needs of team and assists, mentors and instructs developers and analysts as needed.
- Serves as enterprise expert and consultant for data analytics within the scope of partner COEs.
- Manages current process flow and applications more efficiently by automating or improving data feeds, controls and reports.
- Leverages data insights, provides recommendations to COEs on changes in methods, processes, training, resource allocation, incentive programs and alternate service delivery options. Leads in the automation of repetitive processes where applicable.
- Optimize reporting process for timeliness, repeatability and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in the use of emerging open source tools while conducting analyses on large and unstructured data-sets
- Passionate and highly skilled in research and data analytics
- Skilled in transforming data and affecting business processes in order to support data governance and integrity
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a team environment
- Superior data management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry and Medicare policies, practices and procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to pay close attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at developing Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skill
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions and sensitive information down the line for data teams to effectively execute their duties
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 25% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or a closely related discipline OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- Master’s degree with a combination of technical and business background highly desired
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in a data analytics or data warehousing with progressive leadership experience required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare and/or consulting industry preferred
- A minimum of 3 years RDBMS experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle, etc.) required
- Experience managing relationships with business units; gathering their needs and creating solutions
- Experience working with a variety of reporting and analytics tools (QlikView, Power BI and SSRS strongly preferred); Exposure to or experience with ETL processes