ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes and schedule daily pick-up and drop-off routes.
• Transports patients safely between pick-up and destination (including home, ChenMed/JenCare Medical Center, specialist, etc.). • Assists elderly passengers in embarking and disembarking the van by providing physical support and helping with loading and unloading all items belonging to the patient. • Completes and keep current a transportation schedule log of all patients riding in the van including their full name, correct address and phone number. Record patient’s absences, even if unsure of the reason for absence.
• Provides outstanding customer service to all patients and ChenMed/Jencare Medical Team Members at all times.
• Conducts inspection of vehicle to identify any maintenance issues twice daily and record findings in the driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR).
Other responsibilities may include:
• Maintains cleanliness of vehicle interior and exterior.
• Fully cleans and washes vans.
• Ensures that no food or drink is allowed on the van at any time by patients or employees. • Monitors music being played while patients are present. • Daily completes the van checklist regarding the condition of the van. • Completes a final check of the van to ensure all patients and belongings are unloaded, after the van returns to the clinic for the day.
• Refills fuel tank on a daily basis.
• Assists other drivers in his/her rounds when required. • May perform other direct patient care responsibilities as assigned. • Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: • Must be vigilant and have a keen sense of direction. • Must know how to maneuver their vehicles during rush hours by using the best possible routes. • Consistent attendance and punctuality are required in this position. • Must be a team player.
• Must be able to accept and follow detailed instructions.
• Must be able to perform all duties associated with operating a vehicle and be physically able to lift 60 lbs.
• Must be bondable, courteous, dependable, and be able to relate to people of all economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Fluent in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA: • High School/GED or better. • Minimum two (2) years driving experience, with a good driving record for the preceding seven years. • Valid Class C or D Driver's License required.
• Required drug testing: Subject to DOT-FTA drug and alcohol testing requirements for employment, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests as deemed appropriate by Region 2 Transit System's current approved drug testing policy.