The Driver is expected to drive ChenMed/ JenCare patients on a schedule over a designated route and ensure the safety and timely transport of passengers. This is a customer-service-focused position working directly with patients and Medical team members in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality service.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and schedule daily pick-up and drop-off routes.
- Transports patients safely between pick-up and destination (including home, ChenMed/JenCare Medical Center, specialist, etc.).
- Assists elderly passengers in embarking and disembarking the van by providing physical support and helping with loading and unloading all items belonging to the patient.
- Completes and keep current a transportation schedule log of all patients riding in the van including their full name, correct address and phone number. Record patient’s absences, even if unsure of the reason for absence.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all patients and ChenMed/Jencare Medical Team Members at all times.
- Conducts inspection of vehicle to identify any maintenance issues twice daily and record findings in the driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR).
Other responsibilities may include:
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle interior and exterior.
- Fully cleans and washes vans.
- Ensures that no food or drink is allowed on the van at any time by patients or employees.
- Monitors music being played while patients are present.
- Daily completes the van checklist regarding the condition of the van.
- Completes a final check of the van to ensure all patients and belongings are unloaded, after the van returns to the clinic for the day.
- Refills fuel tank on a daily basis.
- Assists other drivers in his/her rounds when required.
- May perform other direct patient care responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be vigilant and have a keen sense of direction.
- Must know how to maneuver their vehicles during rush hours by using the best possible routes.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are required in this position.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to accept and follow detailed instructions.
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with operating a vehicle and be physically able to lift 60 lbs.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School/GED or better.
- Minimum two (2) years driving experience, with a good driving record for the preceding seven years.
- Valid Class C or D Driver's License required.
- Required drug testing: Subject to DOT-FTA drug and alcohol testing requirements for employment, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests as deemed appropriate by Region 2 Transit System's current approved drug testing policy.