Finance Special Projects
The Financial Systems Analyst provides functional and technical application support to financial system(s) users. Assists in the implementation of new modules and/or processes. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the operations and finance leadership teams by leveraging systems experience to develop and maintain customized reports, dashboards, business analytic tools to efficiently and effectively manage the business. Duties include collaborating with IT and finance staff to meet business requirements; may be responsible for end user training. Familiar with relational database concepts, object-oriented system structure, system logic and report writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides operational and technical production support of Workday financial component and other core financial systems to end users. Fields, prioritizes, and completes end user requests.
- Supports year-end close process and reporting requirements.
- Provides support related to new projects, as well as ongoing daily operational needs.
- Prepares data sets, statistical reports, and computer applications to support financial analysis work.
- Acts as a liaison between Finance functions and Financial Systems to identify root cause of issues to develop and implement solutions.
- Updates and maintains business process documentation as it relates to system functionality.
- Performs functional testing and quality assurance activities.
- Identifies opportunities for system new functionality for better alignment to business processes.
- Maintains account posting rules, custom validations and other system logic. Investigates posting discrepancies and business process errors.
- Creates, develops and maintains system-generated financial reports.
- Responsible for data integrity reviews and other quality control tasks.
- Maintains role assignment matrix.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- General knowledge of the financial industry and functional knowledge of financial analytics.
- Able to type accurately and efficiently
- Knowledge of process improvement.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, OR an equivalent combination of college-level coursework and directly related work experience required.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with all functions and levels throughout the organizations
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- This role requires use and exercise of independent judgment.