General Manager - St. Louis
The General Manager is responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing Operations of one or more Markets for the business organization. The incumbent in this role aids corporate leadership in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops company’s brand by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and cultivating leaders; communicates values, strategies and objectives; assigns accountabilities; plans, monitors and appraises job results; develops incentives; creates a climate for offering information and opinions; provides educational opportunities.
- Constructs, reviews, updates and implements strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities; presents assumptions; recommends objectives.
- Builds company image by collaborating with corporate leadership, providers, COEs, community organizations and employees; enforces ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all Market activities to advance and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Analyses Market activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the corporate leadership to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Oversees Market COEs to review production and operating reports and resolve operational and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Reviews and supports initiatives to oversee design concepts with fundamental or modern technology used for new or existing products to provide cost reduction, safety, regulatory requirements and market growth.
- Accomplishes ancillary objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results measurements; allocates resources; reviews progress; makes mid-course corrections when necessary.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and insight.
- Acuteness to establish rapport and gain the trust of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence colleagues and leadership around sound business objectives.
- Keen problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven and effective Leadership, Motivational, Time Management, Decision-Making, Performance Management, Coaching, Developmental, Project Management, Financial Planning, Process Improvement and Strategic Planning skill.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to travel locally, regionally, nationally up to 50% of the time.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Healthcare Administration or a closely related field required OR an equivalent combination of college-level education and experience at a 2:1 ratio.
- At least 10 years’ progressive work experience or training in operations, project management or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience with Project Management, Strategic Planning and Process Improvement highly desired.
- Healthcare experience a plus.