General Ultra Sound Technician
This is a healthcare position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed and proper methods of ultrasound techniques.
- Generates and produces diagnostic imaging using Doppler, abdominal or other ultrasound procedures: Echo Ultrasound; Vascular Ultrasound and Contrast Echo
- Selects proper transducer and adjustment of equipment according to the needs required for proper diagnostic testing (subject organ(s) to be examined, depth of field, etc.) along with other requirements for proper and productive testing.
- Explains the procedures to patients and address their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements and industry standards, at least once a month.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate the utilization of computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Influences and creates SOPs for Ultrasound best practices.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from room.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Travels to different office locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- At least four (4) years of direct ultrasound technician or related work experience required.
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Technician preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Ultrasound sonographers.
- Current RDMS or must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility or current ARDMS certification.