Help Desk Support Specialist
The Help Desk Support Specialist will be responsible for providing high-quality technical support to the ChenTech members and dashboard maintenance and monitoring. The person in this role will deliver effective technical customer support to our customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while supporting a wide range of technologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and overseeing the dashboard system to determine appropriate actions and resolutions.
- Provides technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; maintaining server and workstation performance and close tickets efficiently.
- Works is done primarily via email, ticket system, remote with some phone contact and travel to a site to troubleshoot equipment Hardware and software problems.
- Communicates customer needs and wishes to our development and engineering staff.
- Answers Level 2 inbound calls, support tickets, and web chats and assess customer’s technical support needs and handle/route accordingly, using documented procedures and available tools.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
- Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Improves system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes.
- Assists all users with questions, complications, and/or problems when using DASH.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Installs and test desktop software applications and internet browsers.
- Tests computers to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
- Extends computer support for systems’ software and hardware.
- Resolves escalated task from Cherwell ticket system.
- Achieves specified performance goals.
- Oversees and update assigned support service requests.
- Handles daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management.
- Setup desktop computers and peripherals physically and test network connections.
- Assists end users on usage of computer hardware and software.
- Adheres to policies as per corporate manuals and directives.
- Setup computers and install software for various applications and programs.
- Interacts with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
- Networks and connect computers within organization to better communication.
- Orders or buy computer systems and liaise with purchase and supplies department.
- Maintains computer peripheral devices like printers and resolve associated problems.
- Log in to servers and assure that there were to error messages.
- Checks ticket queue to assure proper response to problems.
- Checks server for critical alerts.
- Other programming and documentation projects as required.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- IT certifications preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years in IT or related field.