Help Desk Support Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and overseeing the dashboard system to determine appropriate actions and resolutions.
• Provides technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; maintaining server and workstation performance and close tickets efficiently.
• Work is done primarily via email, ticket system, remote with some phone contact and travel to a site to troubleshoot equipment Hardware and software problems.
• Communicating customer needs and wishes to our development and engineering staff.
• Answer Level 2 inbound calls, support tickets, and web chats and assess customer’s technical support needs and handle/route accordingly, using documented procedures and available tools.
• Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
• Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
• Improves system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes.
• Assist all users with questions, complications, and/or problems when using DASH.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Install and test desktop software applications and internet browsers.
• Test computers to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
• Extend computer support for systems’ software and hardware.
• Resolve escalated task from Cherwell ticket system.
• Achieve specified performance goals.
• Oversee and update assigned support service requests.
• Handle daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management.
• Setup desktop computers and peripherals physically and test network connections.
• Assist end users on usage of computer hardware and software.
• Adhere to policies as per corporate manuals and directives.
• Setup computers and install software for various applications and programs.
• Interact with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
• Network and connect computers within organization to better communication.
• Order or buy computer systems and liaise with purchase and supplies department.
• Maintain computer peripheral devices like printers and resolve associated problems.
• Log in to servers and assure that there were to error messages.
• Check ticket queue to assure proper response to problems.
• Check server for critical alerts.
• Other programming and documentation projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
• Great customer service skills.
• Ability to multi task.
• Organizational and prioritizing skills.
• Fluent in English.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• IT certifications preferred.
• One (1) to three (3) years in IT or related field.