Information Security Analyst I
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and coordinates security incident response system and provides technical support for information security tools.
- Analyzes and assesses security incidents and escalates as appropriate to internal team for additional assistance. Assists with troubleshooting security-related information systems’ anomalies as directed.
- Investigates irregular activity, follows up with appropriate parties and reports on findings. Assists with monitoring and reporting on IT risk and controls within the team.
- Prioritizes incidents and requests to facilitate quick resolutions and minimal disruption of business operations.
- Builds and supports modern technology solutions as required to support company objectives relative to information security.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of information security standard operating procedures, policies, processes and knowledge bases for the protection of business information.
- Assists in development, deployment and maintenance of security technology under direct supervision of senior team members.
- Performs routine IT audits and reports on findings.
- Works with information security team to ensure that information security policies, procedures and processes align with the overall Information Security strategy.
- Documents work and communicates with stakeholders via email and the service management platform.
- Functions as a backup for team members, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and remediate security risks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to help build an understanding and awareness of security issues within team.
- Strong interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) to interpret and resolve users’ technical issues.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to implement information systems and produce and manipulate aggregate data.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good understanding of Information Technology practices, procedures and policies.
- Familiar with security principles, interpreting logs/events and setting up alerts.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time.
Spoken and written fluency in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related IT field preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience in IT or IT security required.
- Experience creating and updating technical support documentation.
- Experience with Security Metrics and dashboard reporting a plus.