The Instructional Designer works with subject-matter expert to establish training programs and develop curricula’s. He/she is responsible for managing and updating training materials on the Learning Management System. This individual must be able to demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns the design, development, rollout, and continuous improvement of training programs and courseware in line with company objectives and emerging business needs, including but not limited to:
- Role-based curricula.
- Course outlines, descriptions, and objectives.
- Course invitations.
- Training courseware (e-learning modules, virtual training, live classroom, and experiential).
- Facilitator guides/instructions.
- Successful completion metrics.
- Evaluations (L1 and L2 as appropriate).
- Other materials as needed.
- Incorporates feedback from SMEs, internal stakeholders, master facilitators and training specialists as needed
- Maintains training program quality and integrity by:
- Supporting the development of and adhering to minimum standards of learning excellence.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to master trainers as needed.
- Using and developing standard tools and templates.
- Incorporating elements of engagement and experiential learning appropriate to program objectives.
- Conducts training needs assessments where applicable.
- Ensures alignment of training with our mission, values, and patient promise.
- Delivers train the trainer to master trainers and supports initial training rollouts to in-market resources as needed.
- Manages aspects of the Learning Management System such as user records, pulling reports, loading, and testing courses.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in teamwork, leadership, and judgment.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Strong commitment to developing and coaching others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Production of high quality deliverables quickly and without errors.
- Ability to rapidly master new systems and tools and effectively teach others.
- Ability to apply prior knowledge and insights to a start-up environment.
- This position requires 25% of local and national travel.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in adult learning theory, training/instructional design, communications, or related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing e-learning, virtual, classroom, and experiential learning courseware for technical and soft skills training in a corporate environment.
- Experience conducting train the trainer sessions in a corporate environment.
- Familiarity with competency-based learning.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) preferred.
- Advanced virtual and e-learning design and distribution skills.
- Familiarity with ADDIE and/or SAM instructional design techniques.
- Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Lectora or other similar development tool.
- Can review or change SCORM 1.2 packages.
- GoToMeeting, LiveMeeting, or WebEx.
- SharePoint and/or other similar learning development and delivery tools.
- Intermediate video, audio, and graphic skills.
- Adobe PhotoShop, Premier, and Audition.
- Basic familiarity with HTML and Flash development.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- PowerPoint – graphics, animation, master slide formatting, notes development, and basic storyboarding.
- Word – reference and table creation, master formatting, and document structuring.
- Excel – tracking, sorting, filtering, conditional formatting.