IT Application Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, coordinates, plans and leads technology-related activities within a single, functional IT Service Delivery domain including: analysis, development, and administration of tactical initiatives within that functional area. Provides leadership and customer support by meeting staffing needs through the hiring, training, counseling, evaluating, supervising and managing of direct reports.
- Monitors performance of information technology systems, infrastructure, operations, products, applications and/or field technicians to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Helps define strategy and processes for defined, functional IT area.
- Analyzes business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Ensures service operations meet and/or exceed stated Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
- Manages relationships with IT vendors, service providers and contractors to ensure quality and cost control requirements are achieved.
- Defines and develops the overall service measurement framework that determines service efficiency.
- Grows and develops a team of IT professionals in technical proficiency and in service delivery effectiveness.
- Guides direct reports and peers in functional job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Supervises 1-3 professional and para-professional level employees. Sets goals and objectives for achievement of operational results. Coaches, reviews and delegates work to team.
- Ensures consistent delivery for all direct reports, monitors well-being and needs of team members and acts as required to ensure ongoing success.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Highly-developed business acuity and acumen
Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems and custom application development
Familiar with technology being applied by the team and the functional area in which they operate. Journeyman knowledge of leadership best practices and standards applied by the company
Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
Firm grasp on information technology and operations best practices
Proficient knowledge of technical management, information analysis and/or computer hardware/software systems
Fundamental knowledge in data center management and data governance
Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and/or network installation
Ability to perform independently with minimal to no direct supervision. Expectation of weekly touchpoints with leader
Proven ability to manage personnel through accomplishment of business delivery for team. Encourages career growth and personal growth for all team members
Ability to positively impact peer-to-peer interactions, leading by example. Must possess the ability to effectively address any potential dysfunctions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 15% of the time
Spoken and written fluency in English
This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Information, Business Administration or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in the IT industry required
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in a supervisory/management position desired
- IT certification preferred