IT Applications Architect
As a technical leader, this role is responsible for the overall ChenMed business applications architecture direction and strategy. This role will ensure that database, application, network or system architectures are aligned with the business goals and ChenMed’s IT architecture strategy. Additionally, this role will be instrumental in meeting the ever-changing security needs of the organization. This role is expected to help support other Architecture roles such as systems, network and security. General knowledge of these technical domains is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes a lead role in providing design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.).
- An understanding of architectural solutions to address functional and non-functional requirements is critical, as is hands-on experience implementing technical solutions.
- As a technical thought leader, understands that the architectural vision for the enterprise transcends the scope of individual project or effort.
- Independently performs architecture and engineering tasks of various complexities. Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring systems, servers, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network, application and system requirements and produces efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Utilizes best practices for application engineering, component reuse, architecture design and technical standards, while maintaining an awareness of new/emerging technologies and their potential application to existing service offerings.
- Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time
- Applies architecture and engineering theories, methods and techniques to solve both process and technical challenges.
- Partners with engineering and operations teams to coach, mentor and train staff on new technologies, and assisting with the implementation of new technologies/designs as needed.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the development organization to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
- Creates solutions that answer current business needs and are scalable for future requests.
- Collaborates with the Chief and Data architects to establish a consistent and effective application development environment.
- Performs capacity analysis and planning of holistic enterprise datasets. Troubleshoots escalated issues across the entire stack: server, network, application, database, hardware.
- Actively searches for opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our applications and systems.
- Maintains, communicates and enforces guidelines for industry recognized best practices of all aspects of data and application development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven experience gathering business requirements from customers and transforming those requirements into business solutions.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations and comfortable interacting with customers.
- Identify and anticipate problems and solutions, and lead cross-functional efforts as owner of a program's vision and strategy.
- Provides technical direction to a team or multiple teams.
- Identify multi-quarter opportunities and breaks them up into quarterly objectives. Coordinates problem solving across multiple teams. Can resolve ambiguous and difficult problems.
- Influences Multiple Business Units (IT/Product/Development)
- Recognized leader in one domain. Expert in at least one other. Familiar enough with domains not used in ChenMed to propose adoption where sensible.
- Improves team productivity. Participates in recruiting.
- Well-respected and viewed as a key contributor cross-functionally. Influences and builds consensus across diverse team(s). Is able to articulate Engineering requirements to business units, and understand and translate business need into Engineering design
- Provides technical direction for 1 IT team
- Position requires 5-10% travel time.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or Mathematics required.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area during which professional capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.