ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.).
- Performs architecture and engineering tasks of various complexities.
- Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring systems, servers, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network, application and system requirements and produce efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Utilizes best practices for application engineering, component reuse, architecture design and technical standards, while maintaining an awareness of new/emerging technologies and their potential application to existing service offerings.
- Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame.
- Applies architecture and engineering theories, methods and techniques to solve both process and technical challenges.
- Partners with engineering and operations teams to coach, mentor and train staff on new technologies. Assists with the implementation of new technologies/designs as needed.
- Identifies and anticipates problems and solutions and leads cross-functional efforts as an owner of a program's vision and strategy.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the development organization to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
- Creates solutions that answer current business needs and are scalable for future requests.
- Collaborates with the CTO, Chief, Data and other Application architects to establish a consistent and effective application development environment.
- Performs capacity analysis and planning of holistic enterprise datasets. Troubleshoots escalated issues across the entire stack: server, network, application, database, hardware.
- Researches opportunities to improve the effectiveness of applications and systems.
- Maintains, communicates and enforces guidelines for industry-recognized best practices of all aspects of data and application development efforts.
- Maintains program vision and strategy; ability to influence those outside of team on vision/strategy and decompose work for others.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of application, systems, network and security architecture technical domains
- Understanding of architectural solutions to address functional and non-functional requirements is critical, as is hands-on experience implementing technical solutions
- Understands that the architectural vision for the enterprise transcends the scope of individual project or effort
- Ability to influence and recommend a course of action to team members and management
- Provides technical direction to a team or multiple teams
- Ability to identify multi-quarter opportunities and break them up into quarterly objectives. Coordinates problem solving across multiple teams. Can resolve ambiguous and difficult problems
- Influences Multiple Business Units (IT/Product/Development)
- Recognized leader in one domain. Expert in at least one other. Familiar enough with domains not used in ChenMed to propose adoption where sensible
- Improves team productivity. Participates in recruiting
- Well-respected and viewed as a key contributor cross-functionally. Influences and builds consensus across diverse team(s). Is able to articulate Engineering requirements to business units, and understand and translate business need into Engineering design
- Knowledge on version control using GitHub and TFS, VSTS, Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of building RESTful APIs
- Familiar with ASP.NET Core, MVC and Entity frameworks
- Expert in Java, Spring and JEE
- Knowledge in cloud technologies
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Ability to interact well with developers and other architects
- Ability to quickly learn project processes and their incorporation into the tools utilized
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
A minimum of 10 years of IT-related work experience required