IT Data Developer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs ETL interfaces using SSIS to aggregate, cleanse and migrate data across enterprise-wide MDM, transactional database and Data Warehousing systems using staged data processing techniques, patterns and best practices.
- Builds various components in SSIS for advanced data formatting and rules injection.
- Implements and maintains the Enterprise Relational database design including physical and logical data models.
- Assists in the design and development of database objects, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, constraints, etc.
- Analyzes query execution plans and optimizes database code.
- Constructs Data Access Adapters (Stored Procedures, SQL Views).
Other responsibilities may include:
- Works collaboratively as part of scrum development team.
- Automates operational/maintenance tasks.
- Produces a functional design and architectural document to match customer requirements.
- Creates stored procedures and functions to incorporate complex database algorithms.
- Writes and understands complex SQL queries for MYSQL, MS SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Documents and maintains existing interfaces between applications, databases and third-party systems to meet business requirements.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis of production data where necessary to develop solutions to reported incidents.
- Communicates with the appropriate internal and external business and technical customers for information gathering and follow-up.
- Designs and maintains schema and databases for MySQL, MS SQL and NoSQL.
- Defines and implements data validation processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, SQL techniques and stored procedures in MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- Proficiency with relational databases, including structure design, ad-hoc SQL queries and stored procedures
- Familiarity with ERD tools (Erwin, data modelers)
- Ability to effectively query various database platforms to extract required information
- Understanding of SQL optimization (proper indexing and ability to interpret execution plans)
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into database designs
- Proven ETL development skills (SSIS, Informatica, or equivalent ETL tool)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor degree Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Mathematics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
A minimum of 3 years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) coding experience in relational databases
A minimum of 1 year of experience working with MySQL, SQL Server or any equivalent relational database systems
Experience analyzing and develop transactional and dimensional databases
Experience designing and implementing data solutions, including data modeling for databases that serve multiple transactional applications
Experience in relational database design, optimization and performance with commercial-grade databases such as MySQL; data dictionaries, data analysis and relational databases