IT Field Support Technician
The IT Field Support Technician I will be responsible for supporting end users who are experiencing difficulties with their computer hardware, software, mobile, or supported company medical devices. The position will troubleshoot technical issues over the phone, or from a remote or physical location with end-users.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides level 2 technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; maintaining hardware performance and documenting and closing tickets efficiently.
- Documents troubleshooting procedures, operations manuals, and user guides.
- Completes service requests and tasks via email, ticket system, or remotely with some phone contact and/or travel to site locations to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Sets up computers and install desktop software applications, and test network connections to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
- Communicates customer concerns and recommend improvements to our operations and engineering staff.
- Maintains appropriate Service Levels and KPI’s to meet organizational goals.
- Responds to escalated request from help desk for issues related to computers, phones, printers, faxes, and scanners.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as per corporate manuals and directives.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Provides LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) support to remote end users.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems required, experience with VPN, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Windows Active directory, Junos Pulse, Android and IPhone mobile devices, as well as basic knowledge of medical equipment.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching solutions and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Ensures that tickets in the system queue are being completed in a timely manner.
- Assists all users with questions, complications, and/or problems when using proprietary software.
- Provides occasional after hours and/or On-Call Support to all Medical Centers.
- Administers in-house systems including marketing video appliances, video conferencing and telephony equipment throughout our Medical Centers.
- Provides occasional telephone support as part of service desk during peak times or other times of need.
- Ensures that all mobile devices are set up within ChenMed electronic device policy guidelines.
- Assists with Hardware Acquisitions, Inventory, and Asset Management.
- Administers active directory as related to group policy creation and user administration.
- Works on IT projects (independently or with collaboration from others).
- Configures new servers and reconfigure established servers as determined by leader.
- Completes other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid Understanding of Computer hardware, software, networking technology.
- Smart phone configuration knowledge (Android and iPhone).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and related Operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Travel required; must have reliable transportation.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in A+ and N+ preferred.
- One to Three (1-3) years’ experience in IT.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Previous Help Desk or Desktop Support experience preferred.
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system a plus.
- Additional Certifications a plus.