IT Field Technician (New Orleans)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides level 1-2 technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, maintaining hardware performance and documenting and closing tickets efficiently.
- Documents and updates troubleshooting procedures, operating manuals and user guides.
- Completes tasks via email, ticket system or remotely with some phone contact and/or travel to site locations to troubleshoot equipment hardware and software problems.
- Sets up computers and installs desktop software applications. Tests network connections to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
- Communicates customer concerns and recommends improvements to our development and engineering staff.
- Responds to escalated request from help desk for issues related to computers, phones, printers, faxes, and scanners.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as per corporate manuals and directives.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Handles daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management.
- Provides LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) support to remote end-users.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching solutions and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Interacts with staff on desktop problems to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution.
- Ensures that tickets in the system queue are being completed in a timely manner.
- Assists all users with questions, complications, and/or problems when using proprietary software.
- Provides afterhours, weekend and/or on-call support to both Chen Medical Centers and JenCare Medical Centers as needed.
- Administers in-house systems including marketing video appliances throughout Chen Medical Centers and JenCare Medical Centers.
- Ensures that all mobile devices are set up within ChenMed electronic device policy guidelines.
- Assists with and updates assigned support service requests.
- Collaborates with IT market leaders to purchase computer systems through the purchase and supplies department.
- Administers active directory as related to group policy creation and development and user administration.
- Works on IT projects (independently or with collaboration from others).
- Manages hardware and software inventory according to the needs of the department.
- With direction from leader, sets up of Linux Android G-Boxes and ensures they are in proper working order.
- Configures new servers and reconfigures established servers as determined by leader.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid Understanding of Computer hardware, software, networking technology
- Smart phone configuration knowledge (Android and iPhone)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to complete duties with limited guidance or supervision and achieve superior outcomes
- Skills on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems
- Basic knowledge of medical equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 20% of the time; must have reliable transportation
- Spoken and written fluency in English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
A minimum of 1 year of work experience in Information Technology or a related field required
Certifications in A+ and N+ preferred, additional Certifications a plus
Prior IT Help Desk or Desktop Support experience desired
Experience with VPN, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Windows Active directory, Junos Pulse, Android and iPhone mobile devices
Experience with IT ticketing system a plus