IT Service Desk Technician
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the first point of contact for customers by phone, email, or notifications from our service management tool.
- Provide initial triage work on customer issues: clearly define the problem, identify its seriousness, and determine the appropriate response.
- Escalate customer issues to appropriate teams as required to resolve the problem.
- Handle customer issues, keeping the customer up to date with progress and answering any questions they may have.
- Perform moderate troubleshooting for custom, in-house applications.
- Repair, install, manage and support personal computer hardware, and peripherals.
- Follow the Tier I process and documentation requirements for all tickets processed.
- Provide Tier I support for mobile devices such as iPhone and Android devices including configuration and email sync.
- Install, repair and upgrade company-wide applications on workstations, troubleshoots technical support for VPN users (employees in the field or at home), installs and configures printers and scanners.
- Educate end users on how to use the company’s software.
- Document troubleshooting procedures, operations manuals, Knowledge base, and user guides.
- Assist all users with questions, complications, and/or problems.
- Monitor helpdesk for tickets assigned to the queue and process based on priority.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and major software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts.
- Moderate knowledge of General Windows client OS (e.g. Windows 8 / 10) and OS related troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of servicing computer hardware.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Entry level IT certifications (A+, Network+, etc.) preferred.
· One (1) to two (2) years in IT or related field preferred.