The Solutions Developer position works on the Clinical Apps Development Team and is responsible for application development and coding, unit testing, system support and documentation. Under the guidance of Solutions Architect and Development Manager, the Solution Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This position works closely with other developers and technical professionals, utilizing them as mentors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers software solutions using Java/Spring and open source tools
- Performs all functions necessary to take software solutions from planning to implementation
- Develops and executes automated unit testing for all assigned software solutions
- Supports infrastructure and network teams in analysis and resolution of issues that are software solution related
- Builds mock data services to properly develop and test web applications.
- Stays current with technology trends in order to provide best options for solutions
- Shares knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices among the team
- Provides support and guidance for delivery of software solutions
- Provides appropriate documentation
- Follows all defined methods, processes, and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in leveraging Java/Spring and open source tools
- Experience in Micro services using REST
- Knowledge of full SDLC in an Agile / Scrum environmentExperience with continuous integration & deployment
- Experience developing and delivering single page applications Web applications
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience developing and delivering software in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience developing HTML5 (Angular, React and jQuery are a plus) responsive presentation single
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products (GIT/JIRA/CONFLUENCE etc)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- At least two (2) years full-time, professional job experience writing HTML, CSS, AngularJS.
- Experience writing stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers in SQL Server environment.
- Database modeling and design experience in relational database.
- Previous knowledge of Healthcare applications a plus.