The Java Developer position works on the clinical apps team and is responsible for application development and coding, unit testing, system support and documentation. Under the supervision of the Development Manager, the Solution Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. This position works closely with other developers and technical professionals, utilizing them as mentors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers and analyzes business requirements from Stakeholders in order to convert them into technical specifications.
- Designs complex algorithms to fit in business requirements while adhering to health care national standards.
- Implements intricate security patterns to protect patient information and adhere to HIPAA rules.
- Designs and developing data models required by various modules of EHR application and optimizing database as per normalization rules.
- Implements of several design patterns, so as to utilize Object Relational Mapping and Java frameworks to the fullest.
- Creates stored procedures and functions to incorporate complex database algorithms.
- Writes and understands complex SQL queries for MSSQL and MYSQL databases.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Works with quality assurance team to define test environments and also non-functional test cases.
- Designs and develops highly scalable Web Services using JEE and open source technologies.
- Provides architectural recommendations to make applications reliable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Author technical specifications and design documents including both application-level and user-level documentation.
- Demonstrates the software for various technical and non-technical users across the company.
- Works on both server-side and client-side modules.
- Enhances application to reduce operating time and/or improve efficiency.
- Coordinates with different teams with in the company to deliver high quality software in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with a variety of people including members of management, senior management, product management, and support and development teams.
- Ability to logically identify and resolve issues using root cause analysis.
- Provides development support in debugging and resolving defects as assigned, in support of assigned development projects and/or testing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in designing and developing complex Java and JEE applications.
- Knowledge of best practices for securing applications and application data.
- Experience in web server (like Tomcat or Jboss).
- Fluency with MySQL databases, including structure design, ad-hoc SQL queries, and stored procedures.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and shift direction quickly.
- Experience in relational database design, optimization and performance with commercial-grade databases such as MySQL.
- Experience working for healthcare industry and/or EHR systems.
- Understanding of enterprise application performance issues and tuning
- • Expert Software Engineer leveraging Java/Spring and open source tools
• Expert developing Micro services using REST
• Expert across the full SDLC in an Agile / Scrum environment
• Extensive experience with continuous integration & deployment
• Experience developing and delivering single page applications Web applications
• Experience with object oriented design
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience developing and delivering software in an Agile / Scrum environment
• Experience developing HTML5 (React and jQuery are a plus) responsive presentation single
- Experience with Agile methodologies/SCRUM.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- At least two (2) years full-time, professional job experience writing HTML, CSS, AngularJS.
- Experience writing stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers in SQL Server environment.
- Database modeling and design experience in relational database.
- Previous knowledge of Healthcare applications a plus.