Manager, HR Services
The Manager, HR Services is responsible for oversight and leading the successful execution of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources (HR) Employee Services team by providing a broad range of HR support expertise. The incumbent in this role will actively participate and assist in the successful completion of HR operations projects & initiatives that support the company's vision, mission and overall philosophy. The Manager, HR Services has a strong passion for delivering customer-centric solutions to all ChenMed employees and will work with the Managing Director of HR Operations, HRBPs and other HR Leadership to ensure key measures are at or above standards while constantly striving to improve quality and the customer experience. He/She interacts cross-functionally with other HR areas, as well as, various departments within the Company to ensure communication is customer-focused, seamless and delivered with high quality and a concierge-like approach -- from candidacy through end of career.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to and resolves team and/or employee escalations and complaints, providing root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Partners with Employee Relations to co-develop policies & procedures, remediation plans and drives them to resolution to prevent same or similar issues in the future.
- Manages a group of HR team members who are responsible for the day-to-day transactions within the HR System and various program administration responsibilities.
- Leads weekly team meetings and ad-hoc day-to-day roundtables to ensure timely awareness and resolution of existing or potential issues.
- Identifies customer-impacting issues and implements solutions and process improvements to increase employee satisfaction; mitigates risks through defined and documented action plans; creates protocols and trains team members to prevent/reduce issues from reoccurring.
- Partners with the Employee Services (AskHR) Team Lead to manage change and exceed expectations in terms of HR support and customer service and to address the training needs of the team.
- Creates and co-maintains an Employee Services playbook to ensure a lean, seamless and consistent Service Center operation.
- Partners with members of other HR teams to build strong working relationship to quickly address and resolve employee matters with regard to: Compensation & Benefits, Payroll, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Legal, etc.
- Collaborates with other COEs and Market leadership to support HR Operations improvement goals.
- Leads the New Hire Processing team in ensuring operational compliance policies and procedures are defined and followed, with regard to: background screenings, I9 documentation, education and licensure credentials, etc.
- Ensures team members have full knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding employment practices and requirements. Safeguards data integrity with proper documentation and back-up for all new hires.
- Creates manager and employee learning programs and training guides to increase use and awareness of self-service functionality, self-help references and other system functions.
- Partners with HRIS team members to maintain high level of data quality and develop custom and standard reports to meet the needs of company management and staff.
- Provides the necessary training to meet end users needs.
- Evaluates overall performance of team members and resolves individual performance problems through appropriate performance management programs.
- Promotes teamwork, training, personal growth and professional development for staff.
- Partners with team members to create and execute a continuous improvement program to ensure outcomes are maximized while maintaining high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Collaborates with team members to develop achievable targets and goals, including key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics, in support of our business strategy.
- Gathers and analyzes data to measure and report team accomplishments.
- Identifies areas of improvement then establishes and implements programs to enhance the quality and productivity of the team. Using metric scorecards, reports findings to Managing Director of HR Operations and/or other HR leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience in HR Shared Services, HR business process improvement and redesign preferred.
- Solid time management skills with a strong knowledge of Human Resources as a discipline.
- Outstanding customer service dexterity with expert interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with a diverse workforce utilizing excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers gaining their trust and respect.
- Demonstrated effectiveness when dealing with dissatisfied customers.
- Ability to lead and work as a team member in a specialized area; must consistently maintain a team environment by openly sharing information, exchanging ideas, coordinating activities, peer coaching and/or jointly solving problems.
- Ability to drive continuous operational excellence and provide value.
- Effective and efficient people, leadership development skills. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to simplify strategy into specific actions, make decisions and communicate priorities.
- Ability to prioritize problems in terms of strategic and possible long-term impacts.
- Ability to work closely with customers to enhance, improve and reengineer processes to ensure positive results.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues based on data or available information. Position requires use of independent judgment.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related discipline OR a combination of related college-level coursework and work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional HR experience including 3 years in a supervisory/lead capacity
- A minimum of 1 year of functional work experience with Workday strongly desired
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) a plus