Master Data Management Developer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops and Implement big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Conducts testing and system validation to troubleshoot issues related to master data management and system.
- Builds appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence.
- Develops curated data sets that are easily consumed by non-technical users.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for business units to ensure accurate business metrics.
- Identifies and implements process improvements in relation to master data processes.
- Identifies, reviews and evaluates master data management metrics. Recommends ways to strengthen data integrity, quality and availability across the enterprise.
- Provides training and support on master data process to users.
- Aggregates and analyzes various data sets to provide actionable insight.
- Develops reports, dashboards and tools for business-users. Develop technical solutions to improve access to data and data usage.
- Partners with business users and engineers to identify the metrics and attributes required to address broad business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity
- In-depth knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Integration concepts, approaches, and tools and the role of data architecture in the successful implementation of Master Data and data integration strategy
- Strategic and innovative thinker, able to tailor technical implementations to complex business requirements
- Working knowledge of Data modeling/MDM tools (preferably Redpoint)
- Collaborative and eager to partner with business reporting and engineering teams to execute the optimal technical implementation for analytics
- Strong SQL background, including ETL transformations and data modelling to build systems to support data analytics
- In-depth working knowledge of at least one RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, DB2)
- Solid critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
Master’s degree preferred
A minimum of 5 years overall experience implementing Master Data Management (MDM) solutions in functional or technical role
Experience with implementing at least one enterprise-wide MDM solution
Experience implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting, algorithms or data integration systems to align business goals
Programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Java, C++ highly desired