Medication Delivery Driver
The Medication Delivery Driver works with the pharmacy, center leaders and patients to ensure that all medication deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. The incumbent in this role liaises between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to the patient’s home. He/She delivers top notch customer service and positively impacts the lives of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that medications are timely picked-up, transported and delivered to and from their destinations.
- Transports and delivers medication and other related items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss.
- Maintains delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification.
- Partners with the Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians to ensure all medications are delivered accurately and safely.
- Reports status and any problems to pharmacy management.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Navigates delivery routes using basic internet navigation programs (i.e. Google Maps, MapQuest, WAZE, etc.)
Other responsibilities may include:
- Transport patients to and from medical centers.
- Maintains cleanliness of company vehicles by interior and exterior and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask and work under limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work confidentially with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally up to 95% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Previous delivery or customer service experience preferred
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass drug test, background check and a motor vehicle check of your driving record
- Must be able to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
- Must be able to be physically active for entire shift, as well as walk and stand for intermittent periods of time