Network Administrator I
The Network Administrator I is responsible for the management and health of all network devices (both hardware and software) and data facilities throughout the enterprise, providing Tier 3 technical support, and assuming additional operational work when available. As an entry level position in the IT Operations team the Network Administrator I works closely with senior team members in order to implement pre-defined processes and assist with the creation of new standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that a remarkable level of customer service is provided at all times.
- Manage enterprise monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds Orion, and respond to all alerts and notifications.
- Coordinate support for network devices and connectivity issues at remote offices.
- Assist in the maintenance, setup, and troubleshooting of data facilities (MDFs and IDFs) at remote sites and within the corporate data center.
- Prioritize incidents and requests to facilitate quick resolutions and minimal disruption of business operations.
- Appropriately document work performed and communicate with stakeholders via email and the service management platform.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and knowledge bases.
- Participate in the IT Operations on-call support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced understanding of network design and setup.
- Experience using a service desk platform (ITSM or trouble ticket system).
- Understanding configuration of routers and/or switches via a CLI or terminal interface.
- Understanding of data facilities and their design.
- Basic understanding of client/server and web applications.
- Basic understanding of scripting and automation.
- Possess the ability and willingness to quickly adjust priorities as business needs shift.
- High level of conceptualization, analytical, logic, and reasoning skills.
- Fluent in English.
- May be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing technical support in a corporate environment.
- Prior experience working within a dedicated technical team.
- At least one (1) entry level certification (Network+, CCENT, etc.) or higher desired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. ChenMed management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. This job description is NOT a contract for employment and does not modify or circumvent the employee’s ‘at-will’ employment relationship with the company.