ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Takes a lead role in providing network design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines network requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.).
- Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring networking devices, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network and system requirements and produce efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame.
- Applies architecture and engineering theories, methods and techniques to solve both process and technical challenges.
- Independently performs network architecture and engineering tasks of various complexities.
- Partners with engineering and operations teams to coach, mentor and train networking staff on new technologies, and assisting with the implementation of new technologies/designs as needed.
- Performs capacity analysis and planning of holistic enterprise network.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working experience with Juniper SRX and EX product lines, F5 Load Balancers, Palo Alto Firewalls and Meraki Wireless solutions.
- Familiar with Junos SPACE, Solarwinds products, AirMagnet/Ekahau wireless assessment tools or equivalent solutions.
- Understanding of the ever-shifting technology landscape, specifically cloud connectivity and hybrid cloud models, software defined networks, and next generation network architectures.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience of industry standard network technologies and architectures operating an enterprise-class WAN, with both data centers and remote offices integrated with private and public cloud services.
- Deep hands-on experience and knowledge with multi-vendor networks in areas such as: routing, switching, wireless, VPN, VoIP, firewalls, network security, data center design, cloud and virtualization.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot escalated issues across the entire stack: server, network, application, hardware.
- Excellent verbal articulation, written communications, and creative presentations.
- Excellent documentation skills (instructions, procedures, diagrams and scripts) and attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in English.
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field with six (6) years of experience utilizing networking standards, security standards & best practices
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCIE) or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience managing enterprise class networks and data center architecture