Pharmacy Technician - Whitman Plaza
The Pharmacy Technician Retail is responsible for assisting with the practice of pharmacy in accordance with state and federal regulations. The incumbent is responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. Duties and responsibilities include assisting and coaching pharmacy technicians in the operation of the pharmacy systems and ensures compliance to the company’s policies and procedures. Employees models and delivers the highest level of quality healthcare while working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel. Supervision is received from the Pharmacist who reviews work for attainment of desired objectives and conformity with departmental policies and procedures through conferences, personal inspections and review of report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and complies with the Pharmacy Technician Code of Conduct.
- Helps healthcare providers and patients by greeting them in person or by phone; answering questions and request; referring inquiries to the Pharmacist that require their attention.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level: anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains knowledge of asset protection techniques, creates claims for order errors and damaged goods.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs duties assigned by the Pharmacist such as utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting, pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct and checking for possible interactions.
- Reports, immediately, prescription error to the Pharmacist and adheres to company policies and procedures in regards to pharmacy errors and quality improvement.
- Follows all applicable government regulations including HIPAA, Medicare and Co-pay requirements.
- Engages patients by offering assistance, resolving issues and answering questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
- Direct and assist team members as needed to maintain workflow and meet/ complete deadlines as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on duty.
- Process claims for 3rd party reimbursement efficiently and correctly to third-party insurance providers to obtain payment.
- Earns and maintains certification and licensure as required per state regulations. Attends training and completes as requested by the Pharmacy Manager and acquires continuing education credits.
- Maintain knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed and/or JenCare Neighborhood Medical Center products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skill and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented.
- This position may require travel nationwide for training and support purposes as needed.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed/ registered Pharmacy Technician as required by state law
- Minimum of one (1) year of pharmacy and customer service experience.
Pharmacy/Medical data entry experience