The Sr. Business Analyst is key member of product strategy and user experience group and would perform the role of product owner for scrum teams to delivery solutions. Sr. Business Analyst works very closely with various business stakeholders, user groups, product management, user experience and development teams in developing product backlog and requirements for the solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead development of detailed requirements for products based on analysis of business and customer needs in the form of epics and user stories.
- Create and Maintain product backlog in working closely with business stakeholders, product managers, user experience designers, and technical architects.
- Validate requirements, proposed solutions and product roadmap with Product Managers, Business Leaders and Stakeholders.
- Serve as product owner for the development team and lead backlog grooming, sprint planning and review activities.
- Work closely with user experience designers in development of product design and prototypes and present it to key stakeholders.
- Document key user personas and business processes and functions and help develop product vision and direction based on business, domain and user knowledge.
- Collaborate with team during sprints by providing requirements clarification, validating and accepting implemented solution.
- Develop and review release plans and conduct UAT testing in collaboration with product management team.
- Establish and collect KPI to measure business value delivered by products and solutions.
- Mentor and train other team members in agile software development methods and processes and implementation of those methods.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and experience in agile software development practices.
- Proficiency with various process documentation and modeling such as MS Office Suite, MS Visio and similar tools.
- Experience delivering SASS based web and mobile solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work well in multi-disciplinary team agile development environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills, both written and verbal, are a must. Candidate must be able to interact professionally with customers and company personnel at both a technical and a management level.
- This position requires 5% to 10% of travel nationwide.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, computer science, systems engineering or related field required.
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Certified Scrum Product owner preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a business analyst or product owner.
- Experience in healthcare domain preferred.