Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently searching for a dynamic Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. This position is responsible for leading software quality assurance activities related to the quality, reliability and compliance of ChenMed products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and lead the software system testing process, resources, programming, projects and documentation within assigned projects/teams.
- Manual/automated functional/non-functional testing: Exploratory, DB, API, Selenium, Performance, UAT.
- Responsible for assuring that output from the software development process includes adequate identification and interpretation of product requirements, such as a) traceability requirements, b) test requirements, c) usability, etc.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Consults with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Defines test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Recommends design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Maintains effective communication with the project software engineers, project manager on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Executes test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent re-occurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Scrum Team member, actively participate in all scrum ceremonies.
- Analyzes requirements (user stories and acceptance criteria).
- Details preliminary set of tasks for each User Story.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical ability to understand complex systems and end to end functionality.
- Technical ability to write selenium automated test scripts.
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test quality and effectiveness.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Familiar with APIs and understanding of test approaches.
- Working knowledge of SQL/Databases.
- Excellent communication (Verbal and Written), organization and prioritization skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with the desire and ability to work as a team.
- Energy and passion for working in a fast-paced, highly interactive development team environment.
- Superb problem solving, planning, and analytical abilities.
Agile knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong Agile Methodology knowledge. Experience in working in scrum team executing task in scrum practices.
- Collaboratively work with the Development Team to complete tasks in sprint.
- Ability to focused on lean, flexible process, tools, and documentation.
- Ability to focused on a collaboratively working environment, one focused on trust and doing things for the betterment of the team.
- Able to embrace the idea that getting tasks completed as quickly as possible dictates that they ask themselves what value each work task provides.
- Ability in estimating the level of complexity within each User Story.
- Agile methodology and continuous integration.
- This position requires less than 10% of travel nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum three (3) + years of Software Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design and implementation experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ QA experience within the healthcare, banking or financial industry.
- SQL DB experience - writing queries and high-level data analysis.