Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently searching for a dynamic Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. This position is responsible for leading software quality assurance activities related to the quality, reliability and compliance of ChenMed products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, executes and manages test plans/test cases across the entire spectrum of quality assurance: exploratory tests, acceptance tests, functional tests, regression tests, smoke tests, usability tests, performance tests, etc.
- Performs black box and/or white box testing as needed.
- Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into deliverable test cases/scripts and analyze logs.
- Writes automated selenium and API scripts.
- Communicates quality issues and risks to the software development teams and technical leaders.
- Works with multiple application development, architecture and network teams, identifies, diagnoses, and reports on application issues.
- Provides engineering support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers and junior associates.
- Assists with creating and performing repeatable testing procedures and processes.
- Defines regression cases and make suggestions for automation.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to Developers on software usability and functionality.
- Scrum Team member actively participates in all scrum ceremonies.
- Analyzes requirements (user stories and acceptance criteria).
- Details preliminary set of tasks for each User Story.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical ability to understand complex systems and end to end functionality.
- Technical ability to write selenium and API automated test scripts.
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test quality and effectiveness.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Familiar with APIs and understanding of test approaches.
- Excellent communication (Verbal and Written), organization and prioritization skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with the desire and ability to work as a team.
- Energy and passion for working in a fast-paced, highly interactive development team environment.
- Superb problem solving, planning, and analytical abilities.
- Agile knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience in working in scrum team executing task in scrum practices.
- Collaboratively work with the Development Team to complete tasks in sprint.
- Ability to focused on lean, flexible process, tools, and documentation.
- Ability to focused on a collaboratively working environment, one focused on trust and doing things for the betterment of the team.
- Able to embrace the idea that getting tasks completed as quickly as possible dictates that they ask themselves what value each work task provides.
- Ability in estimating the level of complexity within each User Story.
- This position requires less than 10% of travel nationwide.
- SQL DB experience - writing queries and high-level data analysis. Working knowledge of SQL/Databases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum three (3) + years of Software Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design and implementation experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ QA experience within the healthcare, banking or financial industry.