Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer is engaged in manual test & automation and will be responsible for writing manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, extend the automation infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, executes and manages test plans/test cases across the entire spectrum of quality assurance: exploratory tests, acceptance tests, functional tests, regression tests, smoke tests, usability tests, performance tests, etc.
- Performs black box and/or white box testing as needed.
- Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into deliverable test cases/scripts and analyze logs.
- Writes automated selenium and API scripts.
- Communicates quality issues and risks to the software development teams and technical leaders.
- Works with multiple application development, architecture and network teams, identifies, diagnoses, and reports on application issues.
- Provides engineering support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers and junior associates.
- Assists with creating and performing repeatable testing procedures and processes.
- Defines regression cases and make suggestions for automation.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to Developers on software usability and functionality.
- Scrum Team member actively participates in all scrum ceremonies.
- Analyzes requirements (user stories and acceptance criteria).
- Details preliminary set of tasks for each User Story.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical ability to understand complex systems and end to end functionality.
- Technical ability to write selenium and API automated test scripts.
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test quality and effectiveness.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Familiar with APIs and understanding of test approaches.
- Excellent communication (Verbal and Written), organization and prioritization skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with the desire and ability to work as a team.
- Energy and passion for working in a fast-paced, highly interactive development team environment.
- Superb problem solving, planning, and analytical abilities.
- Agile knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience in working in scrum team executing task in scrum practices.
- Collaboratively work with the Development Team to complete tasks in sprint.
- Ability to focus on lean, flexible process, tools, and documentation.
- Ability to focus on a collaboratively working environment, one focused on trust and doing things for the betterment of the team.
- Able to embrace the idea that getting tasks completed as quickly as possible dictates that they ask themselves what value each work task provides.
- Ability in estimating the level of complexity within each User Story.
- This position requires less than 10% of travel nationwide.
- SQL DB experience - writing queries and high-level data analysis. Working knowledge of SQL/Databases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum five (5) + years of Software Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design and implementation experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ QA experience within the healthcare, banking or financial industry.