Security Engineer II
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a technical expert delivering IT security solutions to clients, internal business and third-party vendors. Develops enhancements to existing solutions and designs construction of new tools, processes and applications.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and investigates security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts.
- Contributes to the overall IT Security strategy.
- Facilitates and assigns the access, configuration and outlet of client trouble/change requests for IT security, cloud, next generation firewall and other security products.
- Leads the resolution of security alerts for client security events. Investigates and resolves impairment scenarios using designated IT security tools.
- Oversees incident cases and resolves with team members in accordance with time and severity-based service level agreements.
- Defines all IT security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Develops, configures and installs IT security tools. Formulates strategies, controls and architecture for various IT equipment including desktops, laptops, workstations/endpoints and mobile device security.
- Performs advanced to complex changes within the designated IT security tool as needed.
- Evaluates and resolves service outage and other impairment events.
- Builds, collaborates and maintains enterprise relationships between the business and IT for technical security projects.
- Researches and proposes IT security upgrade/improvement opportunities, based on industry best practices, to ChenMed’s systems, networks and infrastructure policies, procedures and standards.
- Optimizes technologies, policies, processes, procedures and knowledge bases for IT security to ensure related standards and guidelines are applied effectively across the business.
- Generates audits and produces reports on IT security risks and controls to relevant stakeholders to ensure the continued efficiency and effectiveness of the IT risk management strategy and its alignment to business objectives.
- Coaches, trains and mentors new team members.
- Performs tasks associated with the installation, turn up and maintenance of IT security infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High business acumen and acuity.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and remediate security risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to help build an understanding and awareness of IT security matters throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of multiple IT security standard (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to HIPAA information security, data and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis.
- Good knowledge and understanding of network design, encryption, mobile security, network security technologies and vulnerability management.
- Ability to foster and maintain solid working relationships, including collaborative technical activities with peers.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to multi-task during events and prioritize with good time management skills.
- Keen knowledge and understanding of Information Technology, Information Assurance and Information Security.
- Knowledge of application security principles.
- Knowledge of malware prevention, detection and reaction principles.
- Working knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to implement information systems and produce and manipulate aggregate data.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, startup-style environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field preferred.
A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience in technical IT role required.
Project management experience with IT Security programs preferred.
Security Metrics and dashboard reporting experience preferred.
Experience creating and updating technical support documentation.
Direct work experience with security information and event management (SIEM) tools desired.