ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates incident cases and escalates to superordinate teams in accordance with time and severity-based service level agreements.
- Monitors, triages and responds to security alerts for client security events. Investigates and resolves impairment scenarios using assigned IT security tools.
- Serves as a technical specialist delivering solutions to clients, internal business and third-party vendors. Develops enhancements to existing solutions and promotes construction of new tools, processes and applications.
- Performs simple to advanced changes within the designated IT security tool.
- Processes system upgrades and improvements, based on industry best practices, to ChenMed’s systems, networks and infrastructure security policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinates the access, implementation and outlet of client trouble/change requests for IT security, cloud and next generation firewall products.
- Assists with evaluating and resolving service outage and other impairment events.
- Supports the development, implementation and deployment of IT security tools. Creates strategies, controls and architecture specifically for desktop, workstation/endpoint and mobile device security.
- Builds, collaborates and maintains enterprise relationships between the business and IT for technical security projects.
- Helps to optimize technologies, policies, processes, procedures and knowledge bases for IT security to ensure related standards and guidelines are applied effectively across the business.
- Audits and reports IT security risk and controls to relevant stakeholders to ensure the continued efficiency and effectiveness of the IT risk management strategy and its alignment to business objectives.
- Assists with defining IT security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and investigates security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts.
- Contributes to the overall IT Security strategy.
- Supports, trains and mentors new team members.
- Performs tasks associated with the installation, turn up and maintenance of IT security infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good business acumen and acuity.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and remediate security risks.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to help build an understanding and awareness of IT security matters throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of at least one IT security standard (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to HIPAA information security, data and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of network design, encryption, mobile security, network security technologies and vulnerability management.
- Ability to foster and maintain solid working relationships, including collaborative technical activities with peers.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to multi-task during events and prioritize with good time management skills.
- Good understanding of Information Technology, Information Assurance and Information Security.
- Knowledge of application security principles.
- Knowledge of malware prevention, detection and reaction principles.
- Working knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to implement information systems and produce and manipulate aggregate data.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, startup-style environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field preferred.
A minimum of 3 years’ related work experience in technical IT role required.
Hands on experience with security tools including IAM, NAC and SIEM products.
Project management experience with IT Security programs preferred.
Security Metrics and dashboard reporting experience preferred.
Experience creating and updating technical support documentation.