Senior Actuarial Analyst
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and principles of business to enhance the Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) models.
- Under limited supervision, updates and enhances actuarial models for pricing and forecasting.
- Works with a team of financial analysts to assist with the actuarial components of the annual financial plan. Assists in the determination of revenue, reserves and/or cash flow projections.
- Proactively identifies data patterns and trends to provide insight which aids decision making capability for business planning, process improvement, solution assessment, etc.
- Analyzes and validates payer claims data. Assists markets to identify factors driving claims cost and estimates historical and prospective trends.
- Performs actuarial analysis of CMS public information. Calculates statistical and probability forecasts and models from data.
- Independently runs CMS risk adjustment model to calculate member level risk scores.
- Provides actuarial support to markets.
- Conducts actuarial research, experience studies, and statistical analyses and calculations.
- Recommends actions for future developments and strategic business opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Works under limited guidance and supervision
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Software skills in Visual Basic, SQL and SAS
- Good analytical, presentation and communication skills
- May be required to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, economics, statistics or finance is preferred; equivalent experience may substitute for degree on a year-for-year basis above the minimum required
- Completion of 4+ actuarial exams; on track to ASA/FSA designation
- Four (4) or more years’ related work experience required; healthcare experience in a Medicare Advantage environment is preferred