Senior Data Architect
The Senior Data Architect is involved all aspects of data management design and data governance. The incumbent(s) will collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan develop, implement, maintain, and enforce the comprehensive data strategy as well as standards and processes associated with all aspects of data storage, access, retention and integration with internal and external systems. In addition, the employee (S) will be responsible for creating and maintaining a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts. Create data architecture strategies for each subject area of the enterprise data model. Communicate strategies, plans, status and issues. Mentor the data feature development teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines vision, strategy and principles for managing and interacting with data
- Defines standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, searching and delivering all data across the organization.
- Develops and implements the comprehensive enterprise data strategies; including data modeling, implementation and data management.
- Responsible for planning and implementing data management for new data sources, publicly available data and business-to-business partnerships all in accordance with the comprehensive enterprise data strategy.
- Gathers requirements, gains business and IT alignment, performs vendor and product evaluations, mentors’ business and IT resources.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
- Ensures the successful delivery of solutions, training and documentation.
- Assists in establishing operational data environments.
- Maintains, communicates and enforces guidelines for industry recognized best practices of all aspects of data and database development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge in various established and emerging data technologies.
- Thorough knowledge understanding of data architecture and data modeling techniques.
- Knowledge and experience implementing master data management and improving data quality.
- Ability to quickly engage and understand the current enterprise data environments.
- Ability to grasp an accurate big-picture understanding of the needs of the business and develops and conveys a vision an appropriate and robust solution.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing data flows and source to target mappings
- Skills collaborating with vendors directly to achieve the desired results.
- Skills working with structured and unstructured data.
- Skills consuming/exposing data in various ways, including: APIs, BI Tools, SQL
- Strong troubleshooting skills, able to gather necessary details to determine a proper solution.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to deliver robust solutions that meet the need
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience in Information Technology
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area during which iorprofessional capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- Extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers and transform the requirements into business solutions
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations and comfortable with interacting with customers